This was what I started with, but then I made the mistake of spraying it with water and messed it all up. I guess I got a little carried away. The piece on the left was from playing around with watercolor wash and blending for a background. But it turned out pretty good when it dried. So, I am saving it for an anniversary card idea. Then I tried the splattering again on another piece of water color paper with blues and reds.
By the time I got to the reds and pinks I figured out a better technique. If I splattered plain water, then I loaded my brush with color and touched the color to the water splatters. It worked so much better. This may or may not make it's way on to a card, that has yet to be seen. But it was fun playing with the water colors.