Saturday, August 30, 2014

..Squirrel..where?

    Have you ever had one of those days when you just can't seem to get anything done because you become distracted from the task at hand? Just like a squirrel... what? Oh, where was I going with that? In honor of the squirrel and the days that we just get distracted and don't get much done here is my card.
Squirrel card

   This is the layout for the My Favorite Things blog sketch # 191. They give you a sketch challenge and you create a card and share it with everyone on their blog. 
   September is just around the corner and fall is on it's way soon. I am looking forward to a little cooler weather. Fall is my favorite time of year, when the air gets crisp and you can have the windows open during the day and snuggle under more blankets at night. Hayrides, changing leaves, and apple cider; fall is such a great time of year. I picked my colors for my card because they remind me of the beginning of fall when the air is cooler and the leaves haven't yet changed. The squirrels seem to be every where gathering their food for winter. This little guy was so cute and went with the acorn printed paper I dug out of my scraps.  I used a white gel pen for my faux stitching on the edge of my banner to dress it up. Then I made my card base from kraft card stock and put the whole thing together. For a finishing touch of a little bit of something shiny I added two gold sequins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment