Wednesday, June 10, 2015

My favorite buttons

I got my order from My Favorite Things today, hurray for paper crafting goodies in the mailbox. This was the first time I have ordered from them it was so hard to decide what to get because there are so many things to pick from and they had a new June release here lately too. I really wanted the lace background stamp but I was to late getting to it and it was sold out.... bummer. Oh, well I guess that means I will have to wait and order it later on. But one of the things I like about MFT (My Favorite Things) is that you get a free die if you order $60 worth of stuff. This month they had a cute button die that embosses too. That's what I am show casing in my card today.
I started off running a piece of water color paper through my cuttlebug, with the embossing mat (the embossing mat was also part of what I ordered from MFT) and button die. After that I water colored the  buttons each design of button in a certain color. The colors were from a color swatch that I have on one my Pintrest boards. Yes, I am a Pintrest junkie.  My husband use to give me a hard time about Pintrest till I showed him he could pin motorcycle and car stuff too. Now he has his own Pintrest account too. While the buttons were drying I took my Lawn Fawn "thanks" die cut and cut three layers of heavy white card stock and one of the dark grey swiss dot print; I stacked them and glued them all together. Then I adhered a 4.25 x5.5 piece of kraft card stock on my plain white card base. My button water color panel was also die cut with a Mama Elephant stitched border. I glued all the pieces together and trimmed it with some Coral Lawn Fawn twine. The next week or so I am sure you will get to see more of the goodies that I ordered from MFT.


No comments:

Post a Comment