Friday, August 29, 2014

Zig and a zag

   Here are some of the cards I have been working on. I wanted to focus on doing some fun things on the background. I took tumbled glass distress ink and peacock feathers with the  round blending tool  and  blended them on white card stock to get a gradient look. Then I took my Heidi Swapp background zigzag stamp and inked it up with mowed lawn, peacock feathers, and tumbled glass. After that I misted it with some water and stamped my background. Then I grabbed a floral stamp and my versamark ink. I stamped my flowers and vine with the versamark and added blue raspberry perfect pearl pigments.


  I misted the perfect pearls with water and heat set it with my heat gun. The first picture is straight on of the card and the second is at an angle so you can see the shimmer of the perfect pearls. I kept the pearl look going with my vellum, after die cutting it I stamped a Helen Keller quote on my vellum piece.  Then I added one of my favorite embellishments; glitter tape in lagoon.  For a finishing touch I added a few clear gems. This card is  for the Simon Say Stamp Work it Wednesday Challenge.
  I also did another card with the zig zag stamp then too with the same blues for the background.
 My mind was running up and down like these zig zags. This card was very simple and fun to make. Take a blended background, stamp the black zig zags, mat it on black card stock and mount on a white card base. Then emboss the sentiment on black card stock die cut circle. Put some foam tape on the back of the circle add the sequins. After that cut some glitter tape and notch the end and tuck it under the circle. This card is for the Simon Says Stamp anything goes Challenge. Hope you liked my cards today.

1 comment:

  1. Love the inked background colour - looks fabulous with the black.
    Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn

    ReplyDelete