Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Give thanks

  This time of year it is hard not to lose sight of Thanksgiving because all of us know that Christmas is coming and we are looking at our shopping list for Christmas because for most people the day after Thanksgiving signals the start of Christmas shopping. I think it is a shame that stores have started opening on Thursday night and an evening that use to be set aside for spending with family has turned into another night of shopping chaos. As a former retail employee it is the one weekend of the year you learn to hate. The long hours, the frantic and rude shoppers, no peace on earth or goodwill toward men is normally found in a store between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
  We have so much to be thankful for: Family, even if they aren't close by we are able to see and talk to them thanks to the Internet and smart phones. So, many things that there isn't enough space to write them all down. Even the little things like your kids saying, "I love you, Mommy or thank you Mommy." Just make sure you remember to thank God for all of his abundant blessings and his love.

 I made this card to give to my sister in law since she is hosting Thanksgiving this year at her house. I wanted her to know how thankful I was for her and that we are family.
Give thanks chipmunk
I used Mama Elephant dies from their Basic set, I also used their Sentimental borders stamp on my water colored panel. The chipmunk, letters, thanks stamp, and hearts are from Lawn Fawn. The Copper foil paper was made by taking silver poster board and coloring it copper with a Copic marker (E18). My next post will have some birthday cards with a similar look to them, make sure you check it out.
This card is going to be entered in the Mama Elephant November Challenge  and also Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Thanks/ Thanksgiving.  As well as the Work It Wednesday  challenge. Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog today.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful fall shading, Tess, and I enjoyed reading your thoughts. I agree with you completely! Thanks so much for sharing your darling card with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card, love love love your background! So glad you could join us at Mama Elephant & Me!

    ReplyDelete