Friday, May 29, 2015

Rainbow birthday and faux letterpress

The card I worked on today was inspired by the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday  Work-It challenge. Their theme was things that are rainbow colored. I started this yummy card off with blending three distress inks: Peacock feathers, Worn lipstick, and Squeezed lemonade. After that I stamped over my blended piece with white pigment ink. When the pigment ink was finally dry I die cut my rainbow panel with a stitched outline. Then I die cut a stitched circle out of vellum, and also the word, "Birthday" out of silver poster board. I matted my rainbow panel on black card stock and adhered it to white top folding card base. 
For the cupcake I colored it with Copic markers and covered the frosting with a Wink of Stella. I assembled my card as seen above and added some tiny stars die cut from silver glitter tape trim. 

Supplies:
White 110lbs paper, white 65 lbs paper,  vellum and black card stock
Distress inks: Peacock feathers, Worn lipstick, and Squeeze lemonade
Copic markers
Wink of Stella clear
CTMH silver glitter tape trim
CTMH White pigment ink
Heidi Swapp Zig zag stamp
Silver poster board (Hobby Lobby)
Simon Says Stamp Birthday die
Mama Elephant outline die and tiny stars
Lawn Fawn (circle) Party Banner die



This next card is something new I tried. Jennifer McGuire had a post recently about how to do faux letter press with die cuts. (Check out the link) A very neat video she had on her website. So, I tired it for the first time and this was the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment