Monday, July 20, 2015

Thanks - Happy Mail Animals


I got the Abandon Coral distress color set this week in the mail.  When you get new stuff you just have to play with it, you got to love mail that contains new supplies.  The thanks was die cut from a watercolor panel that was stained with abandon coral, mermaid lagoon, and cracked pistachio stain. The animals were stamped from the Happy Mail stamp set from Wplus 9, and colored with Copic markers. I have used the bear and the birds from the Happy Mail set but I hadn't really used the squirrels or rabbits yet on a project. 


I mounted it on a Dove grey card stock base and trimmed it with Coral lawn fawn trim. The white words on the black are from the Wplus 9 hand lettered Thanks. The challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog is things inspired by the letter "I" this card was inspired by the letter "I" for inlay. The stained piece was inlaid into the white panel with the forest animals. 


Hope you enjoyed my card and leave me some comments please. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a beautiful card! I love how you blended the colors on the the "thanks" sentiment and the animals are so cute! I thought it was so clever of you to make it look like they were surrounding the sentiment and looking at it. The little bit of twine at the top is the perfect bit of texture and the whole thing is really amazing! I enjoyed your post so much and am so glad you shared this with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete