Monday, August 25, 2014

Gorjuss - I gave you my heart

One of the things I have had on my wish list for a couple month's is some of the adorable stamps that Do Craft puts out. Santoro's gorjuss, is what the packaging say. They are adorable little girl's that I have just fallen in love with.
Gorjuss Girl card
This little girl was my favorite, so I got her first. She is from the I gave you my heart set. My daughter keeps saying she doesn't have a mouth, but I think she is charming in spite of that. These stamps are great for coloring in. I stamped this with Memento black tuxedo ink on water color paper. It was tricky the black kept wanting to run with the water. I will need to find a different black ink to use with water coloring. These would be great to color with Copic markers or even color pencils. (Which I will do as soon as I get some.) I used the Gansai Tambi 36 color set that I got from Mama Elephant. After I stamped the image I wet my paint brush and applied the water to the area I wanted to add colored first. Then picked up the color and added it to the area that had water on it. Then the color will stay just in the area you want it. After I finished the girl, crayons, and book I did a cornflower blue wash on the background. I also distressed the edges with cornflower blue ink from Close to my heart. I put Lawn Fawn sky colored trim on it. Then  applied foam tape on the back of the water color paper and stuck it to the card base.  My oldest sister was on my mind the whole time I was making this card. The picture reminds me of her daughter a little bit too. I think she will love it. I also think it will be great for the Word Art Wednesday challenge, they want lovely uplifting cards for their challenge. So, off to make an envelope for my card and send it to my sister. Hope it makes her day. : )

1 comment:

  1. A real work of art. Thank you for posting with us at Word Art Wednesday. Happy hugs and sweet smiles from Carole, God Bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete