Thursday, September 4, 2014

Strawberry cupcake card

   I decide to try Virginia's View Challenge #7. Her challenge blog is show casing patterned paper. I had a card base that was the perfect size for this mini birthday card. Mini cards are great to go with gifts. I had a scrap in my stash from doing the Stretch Your Stamps 2 online card classes and trying a new technique that I learned there. The water colored paper with the embossed dots echos the colors in the irridescent white sequins. My newspaper print was from Close to My Heart's Lucy paper pack.


   I stamped the swirly cupcake from Mama Elephant's Carnival Cupcakes stamp and then fuss cut it. Then I put a wink of stella over my pink icing. I popped my cupcake up on foam tape. After that I grabbed some pink plaid washi tape for some trim. I stamped my sentiment from the Mama Elephant's Make a Wish stamp set, in pansy purple ink on pearl vellum.  I also rounded the corners on my vellum piece on all but one corner.  For a finally touched I sprinkled some white sequins on my card.
   Later on this month I will show you a water color card I am working on for my almost 5 year old daughter. She loves to see what Mama is doing and loves to make things too, so I have to work on it a little bit at a time after she goes to bed. Water colors are very trendy and beautiful and I wanted to try my hand at it. So, that's an up coming project.


1 comment:

  1. sweet card!
    Thanks for playing with us at Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete