Sunday, September 7, 2014

You Mean the World to Me

  It seems to be extra difficult to get creative time on the weekends. There is places to go, house work, some thing that the kids need, and lesson plans to be completed for the up coming week.  A card that I started and brain stormed Friday morning is just now getting finished Sunday evening. I am sure that I am not the only one that has that happen to them.  Hopefully my teething ten month old will play happily while I tell you about the card I worked on this weekend for Lawnscaping Challenge blog.
  I have been really mulling over this challenge. One layer.... The first thing that would come to mind is a card that is colored with Copic markers, but since I am have a limited number of those yet, that wasn't going to work for me. I also wanted to try and think out side of the box. Which I hope I achieved with my some bunny is on the way card. My card with the arrows seem to cover the clean and simple look. Now what was left? Hmmm...Ok, distress inks? But I didn't want to go with animals, I know that is a Lawn Fawn trade mark, but I want to try and be a little bit different but still use their products that I have. For some reason I seem to do my best thinking in the wee hours of the morning when I can't go to sleep. Maybe its because, it gives me lots of time to think it over before I create.
I decided to use distress inks and glimmer mist on the background. I masked off my area for the sentiment, stars, and globe. The negative space was saved for doing the stars and the globe later.  First I blended the peacock feathers and dusty concord inks. Then I sprayed the it with black glimmer mist. After that had dried completely I pulled the masks off. I stamped my sentiment next, then colored in my stars. Finally I stamped the globe and colored it.

No comments:

Post a Comment