Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Christmas sentiment die

If you read my last post you will see that I mentioned that I did not have hardly any Christmas things for my paper crafting collection. But I came across something delicious (you will have to watch Romona and Beezus to get the delicious) in my about once a month trek to my favorite store: Hobby Lobby. I bought a die cut set from Tim Holtz that has seventeen dies with Christmas sentiments in a scripty hand written look. It has been so great to have that die, and I have had fun using it.  Today I have done three cards and I will be entering them in challenges.

This card I just wanted to keep simple. My silver letters are actually metallic poster board. Being the frugal person that I am I decided to buy the metallic poster board as it was cheaper to begin with and was also bigger. 


The one thing that is difficult about this die fabulous set is that the dot on the "i" is so tiny and it's a little hard to keep track of. I recommend not popping it out of the die till you are ready to glue it on.


This card is a little different for me. The string seems to be a trendy accent for cards and I decided to try it and it may have to grow on me a little more before I decide what I think of it.  I had thought to put gold sequins on this card till I found these copper brown sequins in my stuff. They went better with the browns in my printed paper.

My first card I am entering in Virginia's View Challenge: #9 All things Metallic.  The second card I am entering in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes. The third card I am going to enter in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Good old days. I really hope that you like my work and would please leave to me some feed back. 


3 comments:

  1. Well done on using the TH die cut for the first card! I love the sentiment and use of colors! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All About Metallic” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your cards are lovely, Tess, and with this new sentiment set of dies, your Christmas cards will go much faster this year, I think! Thanks for sharing these with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete