Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Metallic and bright

     Christmas cards are every where right now.  So it is no wonder that my cards today are also Christmas. The first card I did was a clean and simple style of card. I went with a lot of circles and some metallic and it was a card I thought up when I should have been sleeping.

And the vellum circle really seem to make the card. It was an extra touch I thought of while cutting out the rest of the card. I am going to enter this card in Virgina's View Challenge #9 All things Metallic.
I also made a couple of other cards too.

This card has a distress ink sunset behind the house. This lovely glitter printed paper was so pretty I just had to try this house with it.  There is my silver poster board again, I used it instead of foil paper, looks almost the same and is much more cost effective. 


This shaker card was inspired by a card I saw on Simon Says Stamp blog. Someone made a card that had a shaker on it and it was a tree shape, I have been crazy to try that out and I had scrap of the clear plastic left that was the perfect size. I like saving my scraps because I can almost always find a use for them sooner or later.  Another trick that I figured out on this card if how I can make my own colored foil paper in just about any color. I really wanted red when I thought up this card and I knew I didn't have any red foil paper and I remember when I took the Online Card Classes class on Copic Markers that they used the Copic markers to color string and gem stones. So, I decide to give coloring my poster board a whirl.  Now I will tell you that it leaves lines on the poster board but since I was cutting out a sentiment that didn't really matter to me. In fact it look like texture if you even notice it on some thing that is this small. 
This weekend I have made up some card kits to share at ladies get away weekend in honor of my mother -in-laws 50th birthday. If I get a chance to share them here before I leave for the weekend.  I really hope you have enjoyed viewing my projects and reading my blog. Please leave me some comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment