Thursday, December 18, 2014

Snowy Birthday card

  I have a lot of birthdays that are coming up in January and with the holidays they always seem to creep up on me and surprise me.  That encouraged me to get a start on them today. Since it is a week before Christmas and the Christmas cards got mailed this week. I made today's card with water color paper, vellum, and distress inks.

I blended dusty concord, worn lipstick, and tattered rose on my water color paper first,  them I took my grape fizz perfect pearls pigments and splattered the background.  Then I heat embossed the sentiment from Mama Elephant.  I cut out snowflakes on my Cricut machine using the Art Philosophy cartridge.  I cut one in water color paper and the rest in vellum. 


For a finishing touch I trimmed the card with clear sequins and coral Lawn trimmings.  I am entering this card in the Simon Say Stamp Wednesday Challenge, the theme of the challenge is Winter Inspiration. I was inspired by Debby Hughes's lovely cards and the Simon Say Stamp card kit for January for this card.  This card was very fun to make.  I hope you enjoyed viewing my work. 

1 comment:

  1. Tess, this is gorgeous! I love your colors and the vellum snowflakes - your January birthday people will be thrilled! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete