Thursday, May 21, 2015

Penny Black t-time


Here are some adorable little girls from a stamp set that is new to me; Penny Black's t- time stamp. It is great to have some images stamped and heat embossed on water color paper ready ready paint for whenever you have a spare moment. I had busy day and needed some de-stressing time in the evening. Coloring of any kind is good for helping you relax and clear your mind. 
 This first little girl I decided I wanted to paint her dress so it was like a watermelon. I tried mixing my own colors for the browns and the skin tones. The background begged for a cheerful color, so I went with a wash of yellow.


The second little girl's hair was a little more of a challenge. I decided to go back over her hair with a second layer after the first had dried, then I was finally satisfied with her hair.  The colors for this card have more pale and a shabby chic feel to them. I also to set a scene with the background with this card too. You can just see a little girl in her dressiest dress have a tea party in the back yard cupcakes and all.

Both cards have a wink of Stella on them. The first little girl's sheer apron has the wink of Stella on it. And the second little girl's girl dress is all shimmery with a wink of Stella and also the pink cupcake icing. It is so hard to get the shimmer to show in the photos. So, go color something and relax.

Supplies:
Artist Loft water color paper
Zig Kuretake Gansai Tambi 36 count water color set
Blue printed paper CTMH
Mint printed paper DCWV
Mama Elephant dies femme frames
Hero Arts silver and gold embossing powder
Zig wink of Stella clear
Iridescent and buttercup sequins

1 comment: