Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Trying Something New

Trying something new is the theme of the Lawnscaping Challenge #106. This is a great challenge idea, trying something new is how we learn. I tried a few things new on this card that I made today.
  The first thing new I tried was a technique to iron off clear embossing powder.  After heat embossing the "oh deer" sentiment from the  Into the woods  stamp set. I used my blending tool to color the background with yellow.  I had read about this on Jennifer McGuire's blog and had not tried it yet.  It was pretty simple all you have to do is sandwich the panel between a folded  piece of printer paper and iron it on low.  Then the embossing powder comes off on the printer paper. After that  I stamped the deer  and the speech bubble with the heart on some water color paper and used my distress inks to color them.  Popping the the yellow panel, deer, and the speech bubble up on foam tape gave it dimension.
  Also I used a new supply in making my card, the pink and yellow washi tape was something I got at Hobby Lobby. Lawn Fawn has great stuff and they are coming out with their summer release soon. (Can't wait and I am sure I am not the only one that is excited about that.)




Supply List
Lawn Fawn: Into the Woods stamp and die, gold lawn trimmings
Distress inks: squeezed lemonade, vintage photo, tea dye, rusty hinge, and worn lipstick
Paper Studio: wash tapes
gold sequins

  I am hoping to get the Flutter By stamp and die sets in the mail this week. Then I would maybe like to try some water coloring with it and the die cuts. Maybe I am the only one that does this but I have to admit I hover at the window watching the mailbox when I know I have new paper crafting goodies on the way.

1 comment:

  1. Adorable card! I really love the sweet little dear, it goes perfectly with the pattern paper! Thank you for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete