Thursday, June 18, 2015

MFT Summer School lesson Movement/Flow

Here I am with my homework again today. I am being bad and doing my lessons out of order I believe this is actually lesson three. But I had great idea that just waiting to be made into a card after I read the lesson the other day. One of the things that I ordered from My Favorite Things was the small stripes stencil. And I wanted to show case the stencil on this card I made today. 


So to begin my card I used distress inks in Shaded Lilac and Mermaid Lagoon and my ink blending tool over the small strips stencil.  Once that was done I did one of Kristina Werner' s favorite techniques and sprayed water into my hand and spatted it on to stripes. After a few minutes I blotted the water off with a paper towel. I cut my striped panel to the same size as my card (4.25x5.5 inches) base.  


Then I heat embossed the sentiment in silver on vellum. I cut around part of the sentiment and left some of it straight line so I had some ends to wrap around the striped panel. So, then I attached the vellum sentiment and adhered it to the card base. 


To create movement I decide to use my embellishments to for guiding the eye across the card. I glued on blue and white sequins and I had die cut pearl vellum butterfly in my stash that went perfect on this card. Tell me how I did on my homework and what you think of my day's work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment