Monday, June 8, 2015

Sympathy Card Trio

Today I made a trio of cards using the same sentiment. I started with my blending tool and some of my distress inks.  The first one used mermaid lagoon, salty ocean, peacock feathers, and cracked pistachio.
I used my MISTI to stamp the tree and grass on my panel with versafine black onyx ink and used clear ultra  fine embossing powder to heat embossing them. Then I cut the panel with a circle die. After that I   dry embossed a piece of white paper with a wood grain embossing folder. I cut a strip of vellum and heat embossed the sentiment in silver Hero Arts embossing powder. To assemble my card cut a circle in my white wood panel and sandwiched the vellum strip in between the the circle and the white wood negative. Then I mounted on black piece of card stock and on a white card base.




The second card only used three colors: mustard seed, spice marmalade, and festive berries. This card was more of a clean and simple design. I sprinkled water drops on the distress ink panel and blotted away the water and let it dry. Then I stamped the lamp, lamp post, and sentiment with black versafine ink and heat embossed them with ultra fine clear Hero Arts embossing powder. After mounting this to a white card base this was completed.


 And the third card I used: dusty concord, victorian velvet, and tattered rose. I die cut the distress panel with a mama elephant die that had a stitched outline. Then I stenciled the flowers with the Tim Holtz wildflower stencil and seedless preserves  paint and silver craft paint. While that was drying I die cut a scalloped panel with another Mama Elephant die and then colored it with Copic markers. (N0, N2, N4, N6) I mounted the ombre distress ink panel on white craft foam and then adhered it the Copic grey panel that was glued to the card base. For a finishing touch I added some Simon Says Stamp moonshine sequins.

Sympathy cards are not always easy to make, but they are ver important to those that receive them. It is good to minster comfort to those who are hurting because you may never know the difference that you may make in their life simply because you were there for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment