Sunday, June 7, 2015

Watercolor Flamingo card




Welcome to my blog, on this lovely Sunday. You may have made your way here from the Pretty Pink Posh watercolor blog hop. Water coloring is one of my favorite mediums, I am by no means a pro but by I do enjoy it and I hope to learn more as I practice. Sandy Allnock has been a wonderful inspiration and I have learned things by following her blog lately.

For my card I decided to try something I haven't ever done on a card before.  I had an old National Geographic magazine laying around that had photos of flamingos in it. They have such lovely color. So, I decided to try my hand at drawing a flamingo and painting it with my set of Kuretake Gansai Tambi water colors.
 I am also hopping my card is different from anything else that you will see on this blog hop too, since my flamingo was drawn by hand and not stamped. I cut my water color panel to fit most of the front of a 4 and a quarter by 5 and a half card. After that I stamped a strip of diagonal strips with WPlus 9's fairy dust dye ink.  And I adhered it on the card base next to the water color base. My sentiment was stamped with Black Onynx Versafine ink and heat embossed with Hero Arts ultra fine clear embossing powder.
For a final touch I added some Simon Says Stamp moonshine sequins. (My pretty pink posh sequins that I ordered on there way.)  Hopefully you enjoyed this card that I made with a flamingo standing in the surf wishing someone a colorful hello.

13 comments:

  1. WOW! So creative and pretty. Your hand drawing on the flamingo is absolutely sensational!!! LOVE your wonderful card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Beautiful card! I love that you did this by hand, and it certainly is a lot harder than coloring in a stamped image! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing job you did on this card. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my that is fabulous watercoloring! Gorgeous flamingo card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous. I love it. Great job drawing your flamingo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful coloring! Love this card ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. FAN-FREAKING -TASTIC!!! Amazing and so lifelike - what a terrific job you have done!! Congrats to you in an uber successful card!!! Hey I am hosting a giveaway at my blog of 5 different SU! stamp sets - if you are interested I would love for you to come by!! daisiesgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful.I was going to ask about the stamp .....BUT ,cant belive its not a stamp! Il be back to stalk your page for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy Smokes! This is gorgeous! Plus I have a thing for flamingos lately! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A real work of art, what a STUNNING card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely fabulous job! Fantastic drawing and painting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete