Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Peace like a River - Art Journal layout

Today I have an Art Journal layout to share with you. This is in honor of Heidi Swapp. Jennifer McGuire shared that Heidi had lost one of her sons. I have never meet her or spoken to her before but when someone loses a child I can not imagine the pain and hurt that they must go through. I pray that God would bring her and family comfort and peace. 
The scene that I am try to show with this art journal page is a peaceful river with flowers fallen from the trees and floating in the water, and the water ripples gently as the flowers land on the surface of the water. 


The words on the page are from the hymn "It is Well With My Soul" there is a very profound and moving story behind the writting of that song. I don't think that I could do the story justice but I encourage you to google the song and read about the man that wrote the song and what he went through before he wrote that beautiful hymn. 
The background was done with Mermaid lagoon stain, with Broken China paint, and some Vintage Photo on the edges. The flowers and leaves were heat embossed with gold heat embossing. The sentiment was gold heat embossed on vellum and the rest of the words were stamped with black versafine ink. I used a white gel pen to highlight the ripples in the water. 
I am also entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge the theme is anything goes. 

2 comments:

  1. This is truly beautiful both to the eye and to the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful page, love the sentiment. Great honor for Heidi! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete