Friday, July 10, 2015

Copic Ballerina encouragement card

I  stayed up last night to make this card for my daughter. She has learned how to read this year and not without some tears and frustration. She tends to be hard on herself and she knows more than she thinks. I wanted her to know what a good job she is doing and that I am proud of her.
 Last night I pulled out one of my practice sheets from taking the Online Card Classes; there is a fabulous  Copic marker class they have. I like to color when I am stressed or need to unwind, so last night the kids were making me crazy, being with them only with no break was starting to wear me out. So, I decided I needed a coloring break.

 I decided to cut this Ballerina out after I colored her with Copic markers. I added a wink of Stella to her outfit and shoes, then a white gel pen to add a scalloped trim to her outfit too. My card base isWplus9 Dove grey card stock and die cut vellum scalloped panel to go between the grey and white stitched panel. Next I heat embossed my sentiment and then splattered the white panel with pearl water color paint. I glued the Ballerina down with multi medium matte. Then adhered the vellum and white panel to the card base and finished with the hearts and a tiny gem on the Ballerina.



My daughter was so excited that I made a card just for her. I hope you enjoy my card and have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Your daughter is going to LOVE it, Tess! It's absolutely darling! The shiny splatter is such a lovely touch, too! And thank you for pointing me to the peony website for my future reference. That is most helpful. I really appreciate it. Have yourself a great day!

    ReplyDelete